"We are called to be Saints in today's world" (Priests' Listening)What people said:
In this Synod Theme we reflect on the vocation that God gives to each of us.
- "Gifts of lay people should be appropriately used"
- "Priesthood is valued"
- "Young people need particular support as they discern their choices"
- "Priests need to be better supported"
- "Role of women in the Church should be celebrated"
- "Be more inclusive and welcoming of diversity"
- "Young people have a vital and valuable contribution to make"
- And much more!
In becoming the Church that God is calling us to be:
- What different models of leadership in parishes could we explore?
- How should we encourage and equip people to use their different gifts in mission and ministry?
- How do we enable people of all ages, especially young people, to grow, flourish and contribute as part of our communities?
- What needs to change about the way priests are recruited, trained, appointed and supported?
- What structures need to be put in place to ensure effective collaboration between ordained and lay people?
The period of reflection for this Synod Theme is now open
You can submit proposals for action through your parish or by clicking here
Resources to support exploration of this Synod Theme:
In addition to these Members may also wish to use the Theme film (above) or the Theological Reflection (below) from the meeting of Members at The Edge.These or any of our Synod resource films can be downloaded by clicking here