Pray, and when you finish praying... pray more!" (Online survey response)
What people said:
"Living and working patterns make Sunday Mass attendance difficult"
In this Synod Theme we reflect on the place of prayer and worship in our life as Church.
- "Liturgy and worship are central to the mission of Catholic schools"
- "Families need help as they nurture the faith of their children"
- "Sunday Mass is central to everything"
- "Prayer is a source of strength"
- "People respond to different styles of prayer and liturgy"
- "It is a joy to have children at Mass"
- "Our Church buildings are deeply valued as places of prayer"
- "Liturgy needs to support families"
- And much more!
In becoming the Church that God is calling us to be:
- How do we help people engage more profoundly with the Sunday Mass?
- How do we deepen our understanding and appreciation of what full and active participation in the Eucharist means?
- How does our celebration of the sacraments bring us to a deeper relationship with God and each other?
- How can our Church buildings be places of prayerfulness and peace in a busy world?
- How do our praying communities develop and sustain our life of faith?
- How does prayer connect with our everyday life?
- How can we set priests free to pray and preach?
You can now submit proposals for action through your parish or via the link above.
Resources to support exploration of this Synod Theme will be available here from Wednesday 8 January 2020In addition to these Members may also wish to use the Theme film (above) or the Theological Reflection (below) from the meeting of Members at The Edge.