Pray, and when you finish praying... pray more!" (Online survey response)
What people said:
"Living and working patterns make Sunday Mass attendance difficult"
In this Synod Theme we reflect on the place of prayer and worship in our life as Church.
- "Liturgy and worship are central to the mission of Catholic schools"
- "Families need help as they nurture the faith of their children"
- "Sunday Mass is central to everything"
- "Prayer is a source of strength"
- "People respond to different styles of prayer and liturgy"
- "It is a joy to have children at Mass"
- "Our Church buildings are deeply valued as places of prayer"
- "Liturgy needs to support families"
- And much more!
In becoming the Church that God is calling us to be:
- How do we help people engage more profoundly with the Sunday Mass?
- How do we deepen our understanding and appreciation of what full and active participation in the Eucharist means?
- How does our celebration of the sacraments bring us to a deeper relationship with God and each other?
- How can our Church buildings be places of prayerfulness and peace in a busy world?
- How do our praying communities develop and sustain our life of faith?
- How does prayer connect with our everyday life?
- How can we set priests free to pray and preach?
The period of reflection for this Synod Theme will be: Sunday 19 January 2020 - Sunday 16 February 2020
During this time you will be able to submit proposals for action through your parish or via this website.