"The Church is the compassionate face of Jesus in the world today" (Heads of Religious Education)What people said:
In this Synod Theme we reflect on how we are sent out into the world to proclaim the Good News to the whole of creation.
- "Light up the world and spread the Gospel"
- "Show the love and compassion of Jesus"
- "Present the face of Jesus to the world"
- "Be a haven from broken society"
- "The Church is the main way for people to discover Jesus"
- "Our purpose is to take Jesus' message into today's world"
- "Go out and be seen in the community"
- And much more!
In becoming the Church that God is calling us to be:
- How do we more effectively evangelise and lead people to a deeper relationship with Jesus?
- How do we show the compassionate love of Jesus in our work for justice, peace, and the integrity of creation, in our acts of charity and our works of mercy?
- How can the parish rise to the challenge of sharing the mission of Jesus?
- How can we equip people to be the presence of Jesus at work, at home, and in the street?
The period of reflection for this Synod Theme will be: Sunday 17 November - Sunday 15 December 2019
During this time you will be able to submit proposals for action through your parish or via this website.
Resources to support exploration of this Synod Theme:In addition to these Members may also wish to use the Theme film (above) or the Theological Reflection (below) from the meeting of Members at The Edge.
These or any of our Synod resource films can be downloaded by clicking here