The Church can create experiences where strangers can become family (Youth Pilgrim in Lourdes)
What people said:
In this Synod Theme we reflect on what it means to be a Church of welcome and discipleship.In becoming the Church that God is calling us to be:
- "Belonging to a parish community is good for children and families"
- "Find ways of being more inclusive"
- "Children should feel safe and loved in our Church"
- "Divisions leave people feeling marginalised and pushed to the fringes"
- "The Church is vital in welcoming and valuing the weak and the vulnerable"
- "Young people should feel fully part of the community"
- "Housebound and infirm should still feel part of our communities"
- And much more!
- How do we ensure our parishes are inclusive?
- How do we hand on our faith?
- How can we support the home, school, parish partnership?
- How do we reach out to those who feel excluded, on the margins, weak, or vulnerable?
- How do our parishes grow in love for God and neighbour?
- How could parishes work together?
The period of reflection for this theme has closed.
Thank you for your proposals.
Resources to support the exploration of this Synod Theme:
In addition to these Members may also wish to use the Theme film (above) or the Theological Reflection (below) from the meeting of Members at The Edge.
These or any of our Synod resource films can be downloaded by clicking here