The Church can create experiences where strangers can become family (Youth Pilgrim in Lourdes)
What people said:
In this Synod Theme we reflect on what it means to be a Church of welcome and discipleship.In becoming the Church that God is calling us to be:
- "Belonging to a parish community is good for children and families"
- "Find ways of being more inclusive"
- "Children should feel safe and loved in our Church"
- "Divisions leave people feeling marginalised and pushed to the fringes"
- "The Church is vital in welcoming and valuing the weak and the vulnerable"
- "Young people should feel fully part of the community"
- "Housebound and infirm should still feel part of our communities"
- And much more!
- How do we ensure our parishes are inclusive?
- How do we hand on our faith?
- How can we support the home, school, parish partnership?
- How do we reach out to those who feel excluded, on the margins, weak, or vulnerable?
- How do our parishes grow in love for God and neighbour?
- How could parishes work together?
The period of reflection for this Synod Theme will be: Sunday 16 February - Sunday 15 March 2020
During this time you will be able to submit proposals for action through your parish or via this website.