The Members' Role
The role of a Synod Member should be uplifting, inspiring, and rewarding but it will also be a demanding and busy task. The one-and-a-half days of the Synod itself will be the climax of a journey that begins in February 2019 with the Synod Opening Ceremony and the first of the Meetings of Members.
Members will be trained in discernment and go back to their parishes to listen to the concerns, needs, and reflections of their local community. From these conversations around the diocese the themes of the Synod will emerge and Members will take these back to their local community where they will begin to be formulated into the concrete proposals that Synod will vote upon in June 2021.The Members' Calendar gives an illustration of Members' commitment over the two years of the Synod journey.
The Synod Office is here to support Members every step of the way and, in particular, we promise that:
Download: The Role of the Synod Member
- Appropriate and accessible resources will be provided
- The preparatory events and the training that we offer will equip, enthuse, and enable you to fulfill the role
- We will support you in your task and will offer additional support and guidance as and when it is needed
- There will be [optional] opportunities for members to reflect, relax, and celebrate together throughout
- The Synod Co-ordinator (Matt Jeziorski) will be your main point of contact and is there to support every step of the journey